We use cookies on this site to enable your digital experience. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our cookie policy. close
Focus On
NEW In-House Counsel | Insurance | Intellectual Property | Immigration | Natural Resources | Real Estate | Tax
Story image

How E visas help Canadian companies expand into the U.S.

Thursday, March 22, 2018 @ 9:07 AM | By Eileen Martin

A Canadian company that has expanded or plans to expand into the U.S. should consider the E visa as a vehicle for movement of workers. There are two types of E visa, the E-1 Treaty Trader and E-2 Treaty Investor. Both are available under the North American Free Trade Agreement.

The E-1 is the only type of work visa for the U.S. that can be issued to work for a non-U.S. company. The requirements are few. A Canadian company that is majority Canadian-owned with substantial trade...